Thursday, June 15, 2017

Summative Blog Post

Image result for heater box p1800During the course of this year I have worked on a couple different things on the car. I started off by working on removing the transmission from the car. Then I focused more on body work and welding.


The very first thing I worked on was the Heater box, my job was to remove this so that we could start to work on the electronic parts in the interior of the car, this came with many challenges, from not being able to remove some bolts cause they were in hard to reach areas and labelling wires. After removing the Heater Box, I switched directions and worked on body work and fixing dents in body panels. My big focus though was on welding. My main focus was welding the rusted splash guard panel. This included making a paper prototype and then cutting the metal and getting it the right shape. This project was a huge struggle for me because i wasn't able to get the right shape needed to weld. All in all i learned a ton of things in this course from taking the transmission, to removing the heater box, and welding and shaping the metal.

         


No comments:

Post a Comment